Content Marketing Specialist
Problem We are Solving:
Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
Who we are:
ComplYant is venture-backed by Techstars, Mucker, and Slauson & Co. We are based in Los Angeles but have a fully remote team and genuinely believe in work-life balance. We are on a mission to transform business tax compliance for small business owners. We are seeing exciting traction and looking to expand our marketing team.
How we work:
We segregate work into teams. You will be able to connect with other teams to learn and grow because we don’t believe in siloed skills and teams. We are better as a whole if we all can contribute anywhere and everywhere our skill sets could be of value.
About this role:
Our team is going to grow really fast in the not-too-distant future. While this role will start as a generalist, the goal is to have this person eventually specialize in email marketing.
What you get to do:
- Continue to develop and own our brand voice across our website, blog, and other marketing efforts
- Work with team members to create content that's digestible and easy to understand for our audience, who doesn't "speak tax" (yet)
- Identify language improvement & optimization opportunities across marketing channels, websites, and app.
- Manage the development, creation, and execution of content marketing strategies to drive leads, engage users, and educate current and potential customers
- Assist in the development of content for our Resource Center and Help Center
- Contribute to marketing campaign creation
- Support other marketing staff
Your background likely includes
- The ability to take content containing complex concepts and industry jargon and break it down into easy to understand terms, bite-sized snippets, and content someone who doesn't work in the field would want to read
- A few years of content creation working for a company or freelancing
- Some time spent on copywriting with a focus on comprehension and breaking down complex concepts for a variety of readers
- Time spent executing on SEO basics
- An understanding of how to measure content success and relay those measurements to others in a simple way
- If you’ve ever worked in the SaaS, B2B FinTech, and/or Tax space
- If you have novice to intermediate SEO skills
- If you have experience with educational content
- If you’re super organized and process-oriented
- if you’ve ever freelanced or run your own business
Check out our Careers Page for more info on our company and its culture.