Problem We are Solving:
Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
Who we are:
ComplYant is venture-backed by Techstars, Mucker, and Slauson & Co. We are based in Los Angeles but have a fully remote team and genuinely believe in work-life balance. We are on a mission to transform business tax compliance for small business owners. We are seeing exciting traction and looking to expand our marketing team.
How we work:
We segregate work into teams. You will be able to connect with other teams to learn and grow because we don’t believe in siloed skills and teams. We are better as a whole if we all can contribute anywhere and everywhere our skill sets could be of value. The Head of People Operations will report directly to the CEO.
What you get to do:
ComplYant was built on three core beliefs – trust, transparency, and support. We value our team members as the amazing human beings that they are, and we do what we can to embody our core beliefs every workday.
The Head of People Operations will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of People, Recruiting, and Culture functions. This includes organizational design, talent acquisition, onboarding, and offboarding talent, training and development, leadership and succession planning, performance management, executive and employee compensation, employee benefits, all matters of employment law, all employment-related compliance matters as well as diversity & inclusion and culture.
- HR Roadmap. Align business and people strategy to create HR roadmap and enable the delivery of priorities.
- Organizational Design. Partner with the leadership team to design and build an organization that optimizes collaboration, speed, agility, and cohesiveness.
- HRIS. Oversee the administration and maintenance of ComplYant’s HRIS platform to ensure it appropriately supports the business and compliance aspects for the company.
- Diversity & Inclusion. Be the champion for diversity and inclusion and ensure it is a value held across all teams. Monitor external best practices and make recommendations for new initiatives.
- Learning & Development. Create a learning and organizational development strategy. Implement training programs and tools to assist managers and help employees grow their skill sets.
- Compensation & Benefits. Refine and manage the benefits offering, staying on top of recent trends and ensuring ComplYant balanced budget requirements.
- Talent Acquisition. Oversee all recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes. Design talent acquisition strategies to raise the profile of ComplYant’s employer brand and optimize the quality of the candidate pool.
- Performance Management. Ensure that appropriate performance management philosophies, programs, and practices are implemented and executed in support of our culture and core values.
- Cycles of Feedback. Provide input on the collective voice of the company to the CEO and leadership team. Formally and informally solicit input from across the organization.
- Compliance. Work with Legal to ensure that policies and practices comply with all applicable laws.
Your background likely includes
- 10+ years of experience in HR and talent-focused roles with high-growth environments.
- Exceptional leadership, management communication, and facilitation skills with experience building/managing relationships with business customers at executive and senior management levels.
- Ability to oversee remote work locations.
- Ability to meet deadlines and easily shift from big picture to hands-on execution.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred but not required.
- If your last position or two was in a startup. We need you to hit the ground running.
- If you've ever worked for yourself. In doing so odds are you learned why we are solving the problem we are solving.
Check out our Careers Page for more info on our company and its culture.