Marketing Generalist (Email Focus)
Problem We are Solving:
Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
Who we are:
ComplYant is venture backed by Techstars, Mucker, and Slauson & Co. We are based in Los Angeles but have a fully remote team and genuinely believe in work life balance. We are on a mission to transform business tax compliance for small business owners. We are seeing exciting traction and looking to expand our engineering team.
How we work:
We segregate work into teams. You will be able to connect with other teams to learn and grow because we don’t believe in siloed skills and teams. We are better as a whole if we all can contribute anywhere and everywhere our skill sets could be of value.
About this role:
Our team is going to grow really fast in the not-too-distant future. While this role will start as a generalist, the goal is to have this person eventually specialize in email marketing.
What you get to do:
- Contribute to marketing campaign development and execution
- Assist with management and execution of Email Marketing campaigns
- Assist with content creation for the email channel and related email activities
- Assist with market research and competitor research
- Assist with management and upkeep of lists and CRM within HubSpot
- Manage & monitor reporting for the email channel
- Assist the Marketing Manager and teammates with other marketing activities
Your background likely includes
- Working in a marketing role for at least 3 years
- Experience in a variety of marketing activities
- Experience with content creation, including copy and graphics
- A great track record for learning and adapting quickly
- An understanding of how to measure success for email marketing and relay those measurements to others
- Experience managing multiple marketing projects for yourself or others
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- If you have experience with copywriting and basic SEO
- If you've worked with HubSpot's Marketing Hub
- If you're comfortable with Canva and/or Photoshop
- If you've built emails in HTML before
- If you’re super organized and process-oriented
- If you’ve ever worked in the SaaS and/or Tax space
- if you’ve ever freelanced or run your own business
- You interview as yourself, not who you want us to believe that you are.
- You understand what we are building and believe you can be an asset and not just someone looking for a paycheck.
- You have amazing time management skills, we are not a babysitting service.
- You value and respect others differences, we will dismiss you quickly if you do not.
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO (guilt-free)
- Health Benefits (fully paid)
- Home Office Equipment
- Internal Promotions
- Cross Training
- Learning Opportunities
- Annual Work-cations
- Team Building
- And more…