Senior UX Designer
Problem We are Solving:
Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
Who we are:
ComplYant is venture-backed by Techstars, Mucker, & Slauson & Co. We are based in Los Angeles but have a fully remote team and genuinely believe in work-life balance. We are on a mission to transform business tax compliance for small business owners. We are seeing exciting traction and looking to expand our engineering team.
How we work:
At ComplYant we currently have 5 teams: engineering, marketing, customer success, business development, and tax research. The Senior UX Designer will be a member of the engineering team.
We believe in cross-team collaboration. As a small company, we are excited about the ability of all team members to connect with other teams to grow their work and their careers. We don’t believe in silos. We are better as a whole.
What you get to do:
- Own the design edits for the web application, website, and any additional landing pages.
- Pick up where the prior design firm is leaving off.
- Own new partnership opportunities where more screens will be required
- We are growing incredibly fast and have so many cool things coming in the pipeline that you get to be a part of building.
- Team currently consists of 10 employees, 3 engineers, 2 tax research specialists, 1 customer success, 1 lead gen, 1 executive assistant, 1 marketing manager, and a CEO. We all work remotely and have built a really great culture together.
- This role will report to Marketing and Engineering.
Your background likely includes:
- 3 years’ experience in a UX Design role
- Familiarity with Figma, ClickUp, GitHub, Jira
- See places to improve and speak up, we want your ideas and innovation
- Someone who works really well alone and has solid time management skills
- Understands working in 4 weeks sprints/scrum framework
- Value and respect for diversity is an absolute must.
- If you have worked for a B2B SAAS company
- Even more points if that company was in Fintech
Check out our Careers Page for more info on our company and its culture.