Tax Research Specialist
Problem We are Solving:
Businesses are paying billions in tax penalties every single year for filing forms or making payments after they are due. We aid small business owners by using technology in taking charge of their tax requirements with deadline tracking, budgeting, and so much more. We are not a tax firm. We are a technology startup putting the power back in the hands of the business owner. We want to completely upend the status quo that says only the rich can benefit from great tax support.
Who we are:
ComplYant is venture-backed by Techstars, Mucker, and Slauson & Co. We are based in Los Angeles but have a fully remote team and genuinely believe in work-life balance. We are on a mission to transform business tax compliance for small business owners. We are seeing exciting traction and looking to expand our tax research team.
How we work:
We segregate work into teams. You will be able to connect with other teams to learn and grow because we don’t believe in siloed skills and teams. We are better as a whole if we all can contribute anywhere and everywhere our skill sets could be of value.
What you get to do:
- Research business license protocols across the country
- Research professional licenses and permits
- Research and learn about numerous issues of federal/state tax law, and procedures
- Analyze complex tax data from various State and County websites
- Simplify complex messaging through highlighting, and summarizing key points from code of ordinances, documents, and forms
- Communicate with various municipalities to obtain clarity/confirmation of details
- Uploading forms for various tax types into ComplYant’s platform
- Systematic review and updating of database forms, dates, and notes
- Additional ad-hoc projects as needed
Your background likely includes
- A passion to learn, research and resolve complex issues
- SALT experience including but not limited to, return prep, filing, and conflict resolution
- Strong knowledge of tax rules and regulations
- Well versed in researching across various federal, state, and local municipality websites
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to explain complex information, such as IRC, with clarity and concision, while also simplifying for non-experts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and set priorities with minimum guidance
- Ability to share your insights and best practices with your peers
- Demonstrates flexibility under pressure, and the ability to adapt to potentially competing priorities quickly and efficiently
- Communicates effectively with others through various channels
Check out our Careers Page for more info on our company and its culture.